TWELVE STORY BUILDING
DESIGNED BY ALBERT KAHN AND
CONSTRUCTED IN 1917.
Designed by internationally renowned architect Albert Kahn, The Vinton opened its doors in 1917.
When The Vinton was first introduced to Detroit’s skyline, the twelve-story neo-classical building was one of the city’s tallest. Although this distinction only lasted a brief time, as Detroit’s development flourished through the following decades, the Vinton remains an exemplary architectural work.
Vinton was placed on the National Register of Historic Sites in 1983.
The elegance of the original construction is complemented with modern detail in the Vinton’s 2017 restoration, one hundred years after it was originally constructed.
Vinton Photos 1 (hs14519), 2 (hs14517), 3 (hs14516) are photographed by Chas R Messinger and displayed with permission of Albert Kahn Papers, Albert Kahn Associates, Inc. and the Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan.